SWIM LESSON SIGNUPS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE 2017 SEASON !!!!
Objective of Roycefield Swim Lessons:
At Roycefield we are committed to building a safe pool with smart swimmers! Lessons are open to children of all ages and swimming abilities. Water safety is also an integral part of the program at every level. Swim lessons are open to children of all ages and swimming abilities!
Swim Lessons Levels:
- Beginner: For children who are just starting to become comfortable in the water. They will learn the early stages of freestyle and how to swim across the pool by themselves, as well as basic water safety tactics. A major goal of the beginner level is to have our students pass the diving well test.
- Intermediate: For children who can swim across the pool by themselves already, but who are looking to strengthen their freestyle and diving skills. They will also be introduced to the 3 other swim strokes (backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly).
- Advanced: For children who know the basics of the four major swim strokes, and who are looking to strengthen all of them, as well as their diving skills. They will also be introduced to the proper turn techniques, and completion of this level will prepare them for a spot on the Roycefield Rapids swim team!
If you are signing your child up for Swim Lessons please indicate the level that you think they will best fit in. On the first day of lessons we assess each swimmer to ensure that they are placed in the correct level, and the Swim Lessons Coordinators reserve the right to move a child to ensure they are in any the appropriate level. If you are concerned that you swimmer does no fit in any of these levels, please feel free to contact The Swim Lessons Coordinators and they will try to accommodate you! All ages and swimming abilities are welcome!
- Monday through Friday for one week
- 45 minutes each day from 11:00-11:45 or 11:45-12:30
- 6 session are offered
- Session One: June 26- June 30
- Session Two: July 10- July 14
- Session Three: July 17- July 21 Evening Lessons*
- Session Four: August 7- August 11
- Session Five: August 14- August 18 Evening Lessons*
*Evening Lessons: Run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 6pm – 7pm.
- Private Lessons will also be offered
- For full information on Private Lessons please see the registration form at the bottom of this page. Private Lessons are $80 for RSC Members/Owners and $100 for all NON-Members.
- Although sessions are only one week long you are more than welcome to sign up for as many as you would like.
- We ask that you choose a session in which your child will be available for all five days during that given week (no planned vacations, camps, school enrichment programs, etc) and that you will make every effort to ensure they attend all daily lessons.
- Private evening lessons are also available please see the link below for more details.
Fee: $20.00 per child per session for ROYCEFIELD MEMBERS (please make checks payable to Roycefield Swim Club). $50.00 per child per session for NON-ROYCEFIELD MEMBERS (please make checks payable to Roycefield Swim Club). A check for the full amount is to be submitted with the registration form. The check will NOT be processed until the first day of the session.
Swim Lessons Basics:
- Throughout the week-long session the swimmer will practice skills designed for their ability level. Specific instruction will be provided to each child as necessary for successful completion of the skills.
- During Swim Lessons parents and guardians are not allowed within the gated area with no exceptions. The pool is not open to all members and only students and instructors are to be inside the gate. Families are welcome to remain on the grounds outside of the gate during lessons.
- Our Swim Lessons Instructors are lifeguard certified and competitive swimmers.
- On the final day of each session parents/guardians are welcome to observe the lesson. However, we ask that you respect the instructors and not disturb your child’s learning time. Also your child will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the session summarizing their progress.
- Completion of the Swim Lessons Program is not a prerequisite for joining the swim team. However, it is recommended that new or weak swimmers enroll in Swim Lessons in addition to the Rapids Swim Team.
How to Register:
The link to the registration form can be found at the bottom of this page. Please print and fill out the form appropriately and attach the payment. Then either bring it into the Roycefield Swim Club Office or mail it to Roycefield Swim Club, c/o Swim Lessons Coordinators, P.O. Box 5874, Hillsborough, NJ 08844
DEADLINE FOR SIGNUPS IS THE FRIDAY BEFORE YOUR SESSION. ANY FORMS RECEIVED AFTER FRIDAY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR THAT SESSION.
When will I know my child’s session and time slot?
It is safe to assume that your child will be placed in your preferred session(s). If a session becomes unavailable you will be promptly notified! The time slot to which you are assigned will be emailed to you no later then the Saturday before the start of each session.
All questions regarding Roycefield Swim Lessons should be directed to Roycefield’s Swim Lessons Coordinators for the 2017 season:
Alyssa Cseh and Hanna Soisson. Please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised June 2017